707 South Main
Built in 1901, it served as the Grapevine railroad station until January 31, 1972, When it was abandoned by the railroad. It was about to be demolished when members of the Grapevine Gardem Club persuaded the city to acquire the building. It was donated and the city moved it to Heritage Park on Ball Street in late 1972. In 1973 the building was dedicated by Mayor Bill Tate during the Fall Festival and the Grapevine Historical Museum was started.
The Grapevine Heritage Foundation purchased this, the depot's original site, in 1994. The depot was moved back and restored to its original appearance and serves as the Grapevine Historical Museum.
RETURN TO TOUR